Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Vintage Accent Necklace


My grandmother had given me a box of her old jewelry, some pieces being broken. 2 of the broken pieces included fabulous rhinestone necklaces. I knew I want to do something with their focal pieces. This is my first creation. I made the strand of black onyx and clear crystals.

I love it!!! The photos do not do it justice. It curves nicely along the neckline. It looks gorgeous on and sparkles so beautifully in artificial light. It will certainly grab attention during a night out! I decided to post this one for sale. One of the rhinestone necklace my grandmother gave me is in perfect condition so that is the piece I'm keeping for myself! Available at Miss Val's Creations for only $14.99!

10 comments:

  1. This is what I love to do the most--take broken vintage pieces and make something new and beautiful and wearable. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!!!!
    i have several broken pieces from my belated aunt that I plan to re-model and keep for myself lol

    ps: thanks for stopping by :) did you join in the giveaway?

    http://www.asterialatief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful necklace! Vintage is so hot right now. I had a yard sale twice this year and both times at least one woman came in asking if I had any jewelry I'm selling. I think she was looking for old pieces she could refurbish.
    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love jewelry that includes vintage pendants etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a beautiful job. I love old jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val