Saturday, March 2, 2019

Riverbanks Botanical Garden

I am following up last weeks post with the Riverbanks Botanical Garden which is part of the Zoo. 

One admission gets you into both parks. There is also a water park, zip lining and a rope course here for the more adventurous!
This is what it looks like in February. More color than I expected!
I am definitely loving living down south.
The plants, trees and flowers are labeled which is great for us newbies who are aiming for a beautiful yard.
Since we bought a membership we will be here often to observe the seasonal changes.
It is a relaxing place to meander and enjoy nature's showy bits.
There are also soothing sounds of water.
There are fragrant blooms flowering.
There are nooks to chill out in.
I hope you enjoyed this stroll. 


As you can see I have changed my blog banner to "taking the scenic route through life". 

My blog has not really been about my business for years now so it was about time to make this change! The phrase was thought up by my poetic Jim about the chronicle of our lives, which is kind of what the blog is these days.



Thank you for stopping by! ~Val











19 comments:

  1. Good blog name change! Love that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and your hubby! I love the blog name change!
    Fantastic photos! Gorgeous! It like this move was amazing for you two!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It looks like this move was amazing for you two!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful garden! And I like your new blog name. It fits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for coming over to my blog, for it led me to yours! What a wonderful tour and garden. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are beautiful photos and I would go there in a minute and get a season pass. I like your new blog title. We have an arboretum about 40 minutes from us (Los Angeles County Arboretum) that I love to visit and seeing these photos, well I don't think it will be long before I make a trip there. Spring will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! I can't wait until spring and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Riverbanks botanic gardens look wonderful, and it's great that one ticket gets you to both parks. They do look beautiful. That's a lot of flowers...and as you said, a lot of colour for February, that is still quite cold. It is lovely there are areas where you can relax. It is wonderful to see the seasons change.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So much colour. A very beautiful place. We are still drab and grey here in Wales with only tiny spots of colour here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful place to visit. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the new blog name - very fitting. Visiting gardens is interesting in any season. I often find that in winter one can see the structure of a garden so much better since there isn't so much "distraction".

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your new blog name is very good.
    Thoroughly enjoyed seeing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val