Saturday, May 16, 2020

Beyond Burger

We have been curious about the Beyond Burger for a while now and finally gave them a taste!


This is not your typical veggie burger. It looks and tastes like hamburger.

Being a vegetarian myself, I am going by Jim's word that they cooked just like real hamburgers, juice and all. They can also be grilled.


What are they made of? 
water, pea protein, canola oil, coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, cocoa butter, mung bean protein, methylcellulose, potato starch, apple extract, pomegranate extract, salt, potassium chloride, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower lecithin, beet juice extract (to give it the look of meat).

Each one has 260 calories. The nutrition facts are excellent. I love that there are 4.0mg of iron (20% daily value). Being soy free and gluten free, they are also great for those with certain food allergies.


We topped ours with sauteed mushrooms and onions.

We both thoroughly enjoyed these! A notable comment Jim made is that it lacks the iron taste you get from a real burger since he prefers them rare. Otherwise they were perfectly scrumptious!

We purchased a package of 2 for $5.00. $2.50 a patty seemed a bit pricey in comparison to veggie burgers but we felt it is worth it as an occasional treat.

If you have been curious about this burger, I would definitely suggest giving it a try! I don't know if this product is available in other countries yet but I believe it is available across the US.

Stay safe and healthy.

Thank you for stopping by. ~Val

25 comments:

  1. sound nutritional-rich burger....I will find and try the taste....
    thank you for sharing this valuable info....

    # Stay safe, healthy and virus free

    ReplyDelete
  2. This veggie burger sounds great. I used to eat veggie burgers when I was a vegeterian. I like that this one has so much iron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we have them here in Canada too but I haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fascinating in how much they are like the real thing!

      Delete
  4. Looks savory! Even more by adding mushrooms and onions. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this recommendation. I'm dicier on meat (which I do love) since the covid breakouts in plants. I'll keep track of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tasty and healthy. Hopefully our food supply bounces back to normal this year.

      Delete
  6. Yum! Sounds delicious. I'm your follower #431. Want follow me back?
    https://rociotizon.blogspot.com
    Thanks! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pleased you enjoyed them, and I love your reply to Evi, "It was quite yummy in the tummy!"

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband had one up in Seattle and liked it. I don't eat a lot of meat, never steak or rarely pork. I do still eat chicken but that's getting a bit hard for me to accept now. soon i might be vegetarian. But I would surely miss pepperoni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were surprised how good these burgers taste! Perfect texture too. I loved pepperoni as a kid! It was my favorite pizza topping so I can see how you would miss it.

      Delete
  9. Ooh, that looks so good! No idea about the brand but you have made it look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Maybe these will make it to your part of the world in the near future.

      Delete
  10. Hi! It looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of these burgers, but I've never had one. I think this would be a great veggie burger to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val