Saturday, October 6, 2012

This Week's Blog Post

Snowflake Obsidian Eyeglass Chain
I noticed that I did not have a snowflake obsidian eyeglass chain in my shop with gold accents (only the silver). This is one of my more popular selling stones.
I do wonder if the people who name some gemstones are doing drugs when they come up with the names. I have yet to see any “snowflakes” in this stone!  Available at Miss Val’s Creations.
Boston
Boston is such a great city. Here are some random photos from the last couple of times Jim and I went into the city.
This macaroni was street art placed in front of Quincy Market. Who doesn’t love mac n cheese?
This covered walkway is along the harbor. It is a great place to sit out and watch the action, listen to street musicians, etc.
This is the Old State House full of history. It was built in 1713 and is now a museum.
Behind this fountain in the Boston Public Garden is the new State House which is in use today.
This photo was taken from the Garden. This is where super rich Bostonians live (the Beacon Hill neighborhood). A few of the former residents of that neighborhood include Louisa May Alcott, Robert Frost, and Senator John Kerry. The water gushing off to the side is from a water park in the Garden for the kids to play in!
I just love the architecture of the brownstones. Many date back to the 1800s.

This skyscraper is the John Hancock Tower that was completed in 1976. It is the tallest building in Boston so it is a very prominent part of the skyline.
I love the windows on this structure that look like portals on a cruise ship!
This temple is beautiful. It looks out of place but that makes it even more interesting to look at!
What is a city without pigeons?  Yup, they are everywhere.
Enjoy your weekend! We are expecting rain but that is ok because Jim and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary! Our first date was October 2, 2010. It has been a wonderful 2 years and we will be happy just staying in watching movies, cooking, enjoying wine and great conversation. Dates do not get better than that. I couldn't ask for a better man!!!  J ~Val

23 comments:

  1. Bom dia! que demais haha
    lindo lindo
    adorei esse post! beijos
    e bom fim de semana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny name but beautiful stone! Hope you have a lovely anniversary weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,
    Humm I'm with you on the naming part. The eye glasses holder is very pretty. I almost went to Boston when I was in MA a few years ago, but went to Plymoth instead. I enjoy looking at the pictures of you and Jim's outings. Have a wonderful anniversary this weekend.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! snowflakes in these stones - too funny. I have some of this stone is a large flat shape and it does look like it. But the rounds must not show up as much. Lovely walk through Boston. I also like when I see old, out of place buildings in amongst the skyscrapers ... looks strange, but with a story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to note! I have only worked with this stone in round beads so its name always baffled me. :P

      Delete
  5. Hi Val!

    "snowflakes" is indeed an unusual description for this marbled bead! I get that with fabric names a lot ;-)
    Boston looks like a great city with plenty of historical buildings!
    Have a great weekend,
    Duni

    p.s. not sure the b&b pudding will work with gluten free bread, since it requires a soft type of bread...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duni, Thank you for the tip. I will not be trying this with the gluten free bread! I can only imagine how funny some fabric names can be!!! ~Val

      Delete
  6. I have not been to Boston in years, It's nice to see photos of it again. I love all the old buildings and architecture. Your eyeglass chain with the obsidian beads is very cool.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! Happy anniversary!
    Boston must be great and worth a trip.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Quiet nights at home are always a lovely way to spend happy occasions. I really enjoy your Boston pictures. It makes me realize it has been a Long time since I had some fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boston is a nice place I love all the buildings I hope one day I can get out of California and met new places!!

    Congratulations on your two year anniversary! rain and good company sounds like a perfect date :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2 years!! So happy for the both of you! The weather is beautiful and cool here! We are celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving tomorrow. Just to let you know Val, some of my snowflake obsidian have snowflakes on them ;o) Maybe I will try to take a picture for you ;o) Love your Boston photos ;o) Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving Stacy!!!! I would love to see a pic of the obsidian with actual "snowflakes" on them. :)

      Delete
  11. LOL! I wondered why you mentioned snowflakes for the name of the piece! That's too funny about the name...and namer...of the stone :)

    Happy Anniversary! Have a great time celebrating this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy anniversary...looks and sounds like a wonderful trip...good for you!
    that is a gorgeous chain..it is black, snow is white. funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 2 year anniversary! Hope the stay at home date was fun!
    I love the blook of those brownstone buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Val, I often wonder the same thing with paint colors, lol. The names often crack me up. Your chain is pretty....I can see the snow falling now or not. :)

    I love Boston, I used to live there and have many wonderful memories. Boston is where I met Chris as well, which will always be the most important meeting of my life. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures of the city.

    Enjoy your week.

    ruth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Val,

    The eyeglass chain is so pretty!

    I love Boston and seeing those pictures reminds me that I have not been there in quite awhile.

    "Happy Anniversary" to you and your husband!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does look a little frosted! Beautiful stones, at any rate, that make for a lovely accessory. Boston is wonderful too; and yep -- I just had mac n cheese last night!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmmm, I wonder about the snowflakes too!! :-) The gold beads are a wonderful accent.

    I really love visiting Boston. Big city, yet small enough to feel at home. I will actually be traveling there next weekend for Parent's Weekend at my son's college. So looking forward to it.

    I wish you and Jim a very, very Happy Anniversary!!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary to you and Jim! I'm so happy for you guys. Boston is also on the list of places that Mr. A and I want to visit.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary!!! I love to know Boston! must be amazing!!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely view of Boston! I had to smile at the mac & cheese too. But, I really enjoyed looking at the brownstones. So gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val