Sunday, February 2, 2014

Asian Style Spaghetti Squash and a Panda

Panda Lanyard
Here's my newest handcrafted Peruvian bead!


This cutie has been added to a lanyard available in my Etsy shop!

Asian Style Spaghetti Squash
This is something I'd been wanting to try for a while! 
Using dehydrated peppers was also new to me! These are pasilla chilis which are medium on the hotness scale. These were finely chopped and hydrated in hot water which actually created nice broth.
Another first was cooking the squash whole and then slicing it. I personally can't cut a raw squash!!! Jim normally cuts them in half before baking.
I started with sauteeing half a head of cabbage chopped up, 1 diced bell pepper, mushrooms and sliced baby carrots in some veggie oil. Then I added the chopped dried peppers with its broth. 
No additional hot spices were needed. I just used some soy sauce and some dried green onions to taste. The flavor came out delicious. I was so proud since this was completely concocted in my head!
Everything was cooked to desired texture. Then I carved out the spaghetti squash (discarded the seeds) and mixed it all up. So healthy and really satisfies a craving for Asian food. Also less carbs without the noodles!

Jim wasn't with me when I made this but I mentioned it was missing something and I could not figure out what! He suggest nuts. That is exactly what it could use. Maybe chopped peanuts, cashews or almonds. Next time!!!

Business News
It was time! Time to open a second Etsy shop! 

This may actually take a month to complete. You will now see 2 Etsy Minis on the side bar. Eventually there will be 1 shop with my finished creations and 1 shop with findings and supplies. 

Since it is unacceptable to have the same listing in more than 1 shop I am slowly creating listings in the new shop while deleting them from the original shop. It is quite time consuming but well worth it for my future plans! 

Thank you for stopping by! I hope I've inspired you to cook something delicious! ~Val

21 comments:

  1. You are as creative in the kitchen as you are with beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that panda is so cute and perfect for the new lanyard! what a delicious sounding recipe, and agree with Jim that nuts would be the perfect topping! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, wonderful bead! Such a cute, quirky touch for your beautiful lanyard. I am *not* a squash person lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white and the panda fits in perfectly. I love it when new recipes come together!
    Congrats on the growing business and second shop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty the panda & the food looks so yummy! Happy Monday doll x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the panda bead - and you made a beautiful lanyard to show it off! I'm buying some squash this week, I need some comfort food! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That panda is sooo cute! Congratulations on the second etsy shop...I hearted all ready.

    *Mexican cuisine uses all kinds of dehydrated peppers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your meal looks delicious! The ones in our head are usually the big winners, and this one sure sounds like a winner!
    That panda is adorable :-) and will make its new owner smile!
    Best of luck with the second store, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love that little Peruvian handmade bead, the lanyard is delightful. Great recipe, I cannot do 'from my head' recipes though my hubby does, he likes the sound of your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dish looks so good! I agree, nuts would be a great addition to it! Love the little bead on your lanyard! So cute!
    Exciting about your second shop! So happy for you Val!
    Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That little panda is adorable, Val, and is the perfect touch for the lanyard.

    I always cut my squash in half before cooking it too, but I have been know to almost have to take an axe to it, if no one else is around to help me cut through it!

    Congratulations on your second Etsy shop!!

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the panda. He is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The panda is adorable! He works in well with the lanyard. Best of luck with your second store. I struggled with the decision for so long about separating my stores and I'm so glad I did it! Well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The panda is adorable!!

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My!!! That panda is the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! I love Asian food, so this recipe is right up my street! And so healthy too! I can't cut a raw squash either :)
    The little panda bead is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What can I say? ... intimidates me! Plots look!
    Amazing job! Cute panda! I want it! :-))
    Great post! I congratulate the ability and talent to curiosity to me!
    I will always be coming back for more: *


    I show 47 DIY ideas for Valentine’s Day - maybe you'll find something for yourself? ;-)




    Regards,
    Katherine Unique

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the panda piece. And congrats on having a second Etsy shop. When it's ready I'll be sure to add it to my favorites. Wishing you continued success. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your panda bead is so cute and it looks great on your lanyard! The recipe sounds interesting, I love spaghetti squash and I bet it did taste great with all those veggies. Congrats on opening your new Etsy shop. It's a big job but worth it in the end.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspried

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val