Sunday, December 21, 2014

Gift Making Fun!

Snowflake Obsidian
These snowflake obsidian earrings are accented with sterling silver. Why have I never used my triangular pliers for ear wires before? I love the look! These are available in my Etsy shop.

Making Gifts
One of my favorite parts of making gifts is getting outside my comfort zone and creating things I don't normally make. These things are for my nieces. Hopefully I did ok with the teen pieces. I'm so not cool, but think I made some cool stuff.

I would love to make one of these chain necklaces for myself. The black chain is plated aluminum so it is really light to work with. The discs are actually recycled from an old pair of earrings.
An initial necklace.
I'm still working on my clay skills when I find time. Fortunately I have been super busy this holiday season so those windows of time have been rare!
I wasn't too keen on this gold clay at first because of the streaks of darkness that I can't get rid of. Now I see it as a marvelous effect!
I like the messy texture on the heart. It was not intended but it looks neat against the pretty crystals.
What little girl doesn't love some colorful sparkles?
I tried a new snack recipe from Pinterest. They are honey glazed walnuts. The only other ingredients besides walnuts and honey are cayenne pepper and salt. 
Quite delicious! Quick and easy to make too in the toaster oven too. The recipe recommends trying other nuts as well as other spices so I plan on playing around with ideas!

Thank you for stopping by! Wishing you all who celebrate, a very merry Christmas!!! ~Val

23 comments:

  1. i love those earrings! beautiful! and i like the simplicity of the initial necklace, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new creations as always! Solstice blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gifts! Little girls do love colorful sparkles. Love the earrings, cute shape. Thanks for the idea for the walnuts. I kept buying walnuts when they've been on sale and I have a ton of them in my freezer. I think I'll spice some up and roast them for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifts :) And that chain necklace is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything here is so pretty, Val.
    I really love the wires on the earrings in the first photo.

    Wishing you and Jim a very Merry Christmas, and a bright and beautiful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. snowflake obsidian is a stone that reminds me of my mom ... she always loved this stone. And you've made a beautiful pair of earrings with it! the triangle shape is so fun! I love all the clay you've been creating lately ... you are having so much fun with it! and oh those glazed walnuts - look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming pieces! They turn out great.
    Happy holidays! Have a wonderful Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all beautiful, and the cat is one that jumped out at me right away. You are very talented, I so enjoy looking at your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure that all these pieces will be very much appreciated! Happy Christmas Val!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an amazing job on those "teen pieces"! The pendant with the little kitty is adorable :) These days I have a hard time figuring out what my niece might like. Apparently pink is out. haha. LOVE how you shaped those earwires in the top photo! The walnuts and honey snack sounds great - definitely will try this!
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those ear wires, Val. Very effective design! I hope you have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet your nieces will love their gifts! I like those earwires you made too :D
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work!!!!
    ❊..(
    ✿.(,)
    ❊|::::|.☆¸.¤ª“˜¨
    ✿|::::|)/¸.¤ª“˜¨˜“¨
    ❊|::¸.¤ª“˜¨¨˜“¨
    ✿%¤ª“˜¨¨ᴳᴼᴼᴰ
    ❊#ª“˜¨ ᴺᴵᴳᴴᵀ﹗
    Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo 2015!!!
    ♥Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those ear wires are awesome, Val!!! And your gifts are really pretty...The black textured heart with the pink crystals looks great (and I don't even like hearts!)! Happy Holidays to you and Jim :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your jewelry creations, Val, and the honey glazed walnuts sound perfect with that touch of spice!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Val, I really like how the clay heart turned out! Super pretty. It sounds like the clay is really fun. =0)
    And I love the snowflake obsidian earrings at the top.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your jewelry is amazing, dear Val :) May you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas my friend ;o) Those earrings are funky cool! Love them!
    And, I love your creations for your nieces ;o) I think you are cool ;o) I do ;o)
    I love those nuts! We are for sure trying them over the holidays!
    Big Hugs Val ;o) Thanks for being you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really pretty jewelry pieces. I love those initial necklaces. Anything personalized is so special in my book.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, I think all of your creations are beautiful. Your nieces will get some really unique pieces of jewelry to add to their collection. I really like that first black necklace with the discs. Super cool! I hope you have a Merry Christmas as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. Your jewelry is amazing. They would really make such lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely post, I liked the product, I write it down for me. merry christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val