Sunday, July 5, 2015

Parker River Wildlife Refuge

The Parker River Wildlife Refuge is located on Plum Island, Massachusetts by the Atlantic Ocean. Jim and I were here a few of years ago during the summer when all the trees and plants were lush. This year however, we went in the Spring before everything was grown in. It was still a treat!
It has a delightful boardwalk stroll through the woods. 
Being a refuge, this place is quite popular with the bird watchers. The day we went was windy and cold so although we heard the birds, we only saw a handful!
This time we checked out a marsh walk. This was entertaining since it felt like a lot of the boards were in need of replacing! We remained in the center which seemed like the safer thing to do.
We located a sunbather in the marshes.
We walked out to the sand dunes along the ocean.
There is the Atlantic off in the distance.
The dunes have amazing scenery along its boardwalk.

We saw these silly guys walking along the road on the way back.
Typically wild turkeys in our area get into the middle of traffic intersections and even on the freeway! So I found it funny that these guys were walking in an orderly fashion outside the traffic line.

I hope you enjoyed this peak of nature along the Atlantic. It is a place to visit for sure! Thank you for stopping by. ~Val

19 comments:

  1. what is it about turkeys? we have them walking the Merritt Parkway (a local highway) often, and we see them about town. They are such 'bird brains' about walking in front of cars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dunes look lovely, and I hope all of those turkeys got home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting place!!! cute photos!!!
    Have a nice sunday, dear Val!!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is such a beautiful place to spend time.
    So peaceful, and what wonderful photos you captured, Val.
    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love it!! **

    I'm giving away a swimsuit of your choice on my blog, I'd love for you to participate if you want to =D

    http://crisisbeauty.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures, looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great, love the pics, and the silly turkeys haha, they are something, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating! Would love to go there and bird (: Thanks for sharing, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty walk...it's always nice to take some time to just enjoy life.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Val ;o) Missed you! What a beautiful area! I would love to go! Those wild turkeys were very well behaved ;o)
    I have a bracelet, that I have to talk to you about in a few weeks. It was my mom's. Actually it was a necklace first and they she had it made into a bracelet for me. the clasp that was put on was cheap and hard to use, so I don't use it. I want to wear this bracelet everyday. You are the only person I trust to correct this for me ;o) The bracelet is 60 years old. I don't know what it's made out of. It has never changed colour. I am positive it's not sterling silver. But, I don't mind you using sterling on it, or titanium. Something good! But, like I said, we will talk later ;o) Just thought I would tell you ;o) Hope you are interested ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an adventure Val! The path seems endless! I love the wildlife you saw on the way.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boardwalk trails are so neat. And that sunbathing turtle is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks stunning
    Great post dear
    I love such trails

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely place! Those wild turkeys made me laugh though! I have never seen a wild turkey - it seems so bizarre to see them walking along the road!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, amazing photos! Hope you had a nice day! ^-^

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice photos Val. The turkeys made me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun looking trail! The hubster and I love to hike and I could see us on that one, him "patiently" waiting while I snap pictures. Cute little turtle. I just love them. Have you ever looked at them close up? They really are little animals in that shell. Their little heads are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. unas fotos maravillosas, que paisajes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val