Monday, October 28, 2019

Scarecrows in The Garden

Scarecrows in The Garden is an annual quirky exhibit.
Local families, business, organizations and classrooms can create a scarecrow to display at the Robert Mills House in the Historic District of Columbia, SC.

I neglected to take photos of the tags hence I only remember the names of a few. You may have guessed this one, Frida.
The Addams Family.

This amusing one is Stand Up Comedian. Around him are family friendly jokes like "Was out to dinner with a scarecrow the other night, he didn't eat much. He was already stuffed!"

This pretty one is titled Of The Earth.
 The originality is marvelous here.
Here is Poncho.
A couple of them were having difficulty staying up right like this unicorn person.


I hope you were amused by these!

We also went to the zoo this weekend. Decorations were up for Boo at The Zoo.
The witch hats are lanterns which must look really cool at night.
The dinosaur exhibit is still here so this big guy is appropriate.
Thank you for stopping by! ~Val

26 comments:

  1. There is a lot of creativity in some of those scarecrows. There are certain politicians who would fit the bill very nicely, without having to be dressed in costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creativity! They are so fun to look at!☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever scarecrows! I like the comedian and the Addams Family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like scarecrows! They are not very common where I live. In fact I haven't seen one for years. We would need such an exhibition or competition here to animate the scarecrow creating business :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope scarecrows come back for you there. They are fun to make although I have not done so since I was a child.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful scarecrows with beautiful dresses! Crows will love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so unique! I guess a scarecrow could be anything. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh i enjoyed these a lot! So creative! I would love to see this in person. We use to go to an area named Cambria along the pacific coast hwy and this amazing little creative town would have scarecrows all over the place. Good reminder to go see it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is super creative! Such a neat thing for the community since anyone can make one to display. I love when towns go all out decorating for a season! Cambria must be adorable.

      Delete
  7. FINALLY....FINALLY....For a long time I was unable to leave comments on your blog. I don't know what was up but it was ignoring me big time. After a bit I stopped trying. So glad I can now. Love the scarecrows....they are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam. I'm back! It was a super busy time for my business so I had comments turned off since I couldn't be responsive with my blog. Getting back into the swing of things!

      Delete
  8. These are totally great! What a wonderful tradition. I do love scarecrows -- they're just fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun! I love that most of these are really outside the box of what we think of in terms of a scarecrow.

      Delete
  9. so creative displays....love them all

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the scarecrows Val! How much fun and I love the decorations at the zoo! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom and I were just talking about the Robert Mills House! Cool exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some great scarecrow creations here …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val