Saturday, March 14, 2020

Recent Zoo Visits

It is always a treat walking thru the Riverbanks Zoo.

We never know who will model for us.


Apparently these guys don't need much to be entertained. A Budweiser box will do the trick!

Big daddy came right up to the window. It is amazing to be inches from such a magnificent beast.
Cute baby action was occurring while it was brunch time.

The squirrel monkeys enjoy the top of their habitat to soak in the warm sunshine during the cooler months.
Porcupines can be petted. I had no idea this was possible until seeing a caregiver hand feeding this little guy while petting in between bites.
Since I have always been a cat person, the black footed cat is a favorite to see. Since felines love their sleep, this is a rare sight!
It was feeding time for many of the animals which is always entertaining.

I hope some of these made you smile today while our world is in chaos.


Thank you for stopping by! ~Val

19 comments:

  1. Yes, this is a much needed entertaining post -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Riverbanks Zoo in years! I remember going there as a child and during school field trips. I would love to visit the Zoo. It looks like you had nice time Val! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zoo is always an entertaining visit! Happy weekend to you too Pilar!

      Delete
  3. Their behaviors are always entertaining, and these photos make me smile :)
    Thank you, Miss Val

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoos may be the last safe havens for some of these creatures. The world is in a sorry state and so many organisms are faced with extinction. And this Coronavirus is getting downright scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary right now! While the zoo is still open, I suspect it will be shutting down soon.

      Delete
  5. I haven't been to the zoo in so long and now I must go. Well, when we can...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoos are enjoyable at every age! This one just closed yesterday for a couple of weeks although that is likely to turn into a much longer period.

      Delete
  6. You did make me smile! Those apes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. No I am worried for all these guys. We hear a lion at the Bronx zoo has the virus. I hope we don't see it spread to more animals.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val