Saturday, April 11, 2020

Keg Cowboy

Back in the day when one could dine out, we visited the Keg Cowboy in downtown Lexington, SC and were quite pleased.

This restaurant/bar has a very rustic, casual inside.
One would not expect the menu to be as gourmet as it is.
It is handwritten on a chalkboard hanging on the wall so changes can be made based on the fresh ingredients that chef can get his hands on.

We started with the yummy KC pretzel which is house made and comes with grainy mustard and dijonnaise. 

My tasty lunch was the shroom panini. A delicious sandwich on house focaccia with roasted portabello, herbed goat cheese, IPA onions, basil and mayo. No french fries in this joint. My side was yummy asparagus.
Jim's choice was the Cuban Refugee. This is smoke pork loin, pickled red onion, gruyere and dijonnaise on house focaccia. The side here is the braised greens.

Our taste buds were very pleased! Our server, Charlie, was fantastic! I love a bar that brings us a large carafe of water so we don't have to ask for it.
The micro brew selection is small but there is a bit of everything for varying tastes. We enjoyed the light, crisp Allagash White from Maine.

There are bits of whimsical decor about. The quote from Jesus below reads "don't be a dick".
If you go, this treat is located at 108 E Main Street in Downtown Lexington, SC. I would recommend checking hours before going as the restaurant is not open all day. Hopefully when our world regains some normalcy, we will be able to revisit this delicious spot.

A shout out to The Haven Coffee House, also downtown here, that we stopped in while waiting for the Keg Cowboy to open. It is a great place for a cup of coffee and a bite to eat while hanging out.

I really hope these small, local businesses survive and thrive once we see life getting back to normal. 

Stay safe and healthy! 

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val

19 comments:

  1. This looks like a terrific restaurant. That pretzel looks to die for. I hope it makes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie. I do believe that is the best pretzel I have tasted!

      Delete
  2. shroom panini is interesting....love goat cheese.
    yes, hope this restaurant survive....pray for it.

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanza. Goat cheese is one of my favorite condiments on certain foods. Yummy! Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Interesting place and the meals look delicious, thanks for sharing.
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of Keg Cowboy, but I haven't stopped by. Hopefully the restaurant can survive! I hope you had a nice Easter Val!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food there looks amazingly yummy. I hope you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivana! I hope your Easter was enjoyable too.

      Delete
  6. The food looks amazing. I particularly fancy the shroom panini! I love rustic style places as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shroom panini is amazing with the goat cheese and homemade focaccia!

      Delete
  7. I am really hoping all these business survive too! I have to admit Val, if this place was close to me, I would probably be there once a week! LOL! This is my kind of place!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well that place looks great!! Wish I could run into there for a meal - or anywhere at this point...around here it would be the Taproom over in Lake Arrowhead where I would get a beer and their tri-cheese sandwich with parmesan crusted bread...and watch the gulls fly by outside the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that taproom sounds like my kind of place. A crispy, hot cheese sandwich paired with beer is perfection! I'm with you, it would be nice to go any place right now.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val