Saturday, September 15, 2018

A Visit to A Local Garden Center

We enjoyed our first trip to a local garden center.
We saw plants that were quite different from what we would see in Massachusetts like the unique variegated leaves above.
A lovely display for a water garden. Something we would love to create one day!
The Southern Magnolia. I had no idea the leaves were a different solid color underneath. You can see them on trees but I thought they were dead leaves.  Oops.

Jim and I initially thought these magnolias were massive rhododendron trees from afar with their big waxy leaves and flowers! So much to learn.
These roses bloom in February. Seriously?!?! I do want one of these bushes. It is also an evergreen. Bonus!
Some of the garden decor is southern style (never saw this up north).
This little guys kept me entertained for a few minutes.
What a fun place for cute wild life to hang at (literally and figuratively).
Below is a long hanging plant. We would have bought 2 of these these but it is late in the season and would probably be a waste of money. The leaves are super cool.
So many neat leaves.
We think we will go with a fig tree and a tangerine tree for our backyard. 

This is the fig Jim is most interested in (I have no idea what the differences are). With figs we could eat them fresh, dry them or make jam. They will be great for making fruit and nut bars that we love so much!
A whimsical dining set.
I hope you enjoyed our first visit to the local garden center. We went to see what sort of beauties grow well here to start thinking of what we may want. Our backyard is a blank slate which is fantastic for planning anything!

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val











6 comments:

  1. So many new plants, flowers, trees and shrubs to learn about! Lots of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It's nice to start with a blank slate. We have that pinkish leaved plant in our garden but I don't know the name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing Val! I love all the different plants! Cool leaves! Excellent decor! Very cool! Love those little green lizards! LOL! Fig and tangerine tree?? Yummy! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful plants and some I haven't seen before! That lizard is cute!
    We have a fig tree, but it needs a lot of attention. Thankfully, my hubby takes care of it, as I don't have a green thumb ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed seeing all of your photographs.
    Fascinating visit to your local garden centre.
    I think it's nice that your backyard is a blank slate, so fabulous for planning anything.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so wonderful plants. I like them. I wish I could go to this garden center!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val