Saturday, December 15, 2018

Gibson Park

We discovered Gibson Park in Lexington, SC which is only 5 minutes from our house.
It features a concrete walkway that meanders through the woods and just keeps going on and on!
A peaceful walk to enjoy nature.
Just perfect.
I have never seen mushrooms with this iridescent like color until now.
Gibson pond used to be here. It is now covered with flowing green stuff. 

Swinging benches that used to overlook the pond.

There are darling flowers here and there.
Where did the pond go? This dam broke. The damage resulted in the disappearance of the pond.
Rushing water remains producing soothing sounds.
There is a lovely overlook to enjoy it.
These fluffy things are prevalent down here, not just wild, but also as a landscaping feature (which we are hoping to do with them).
We will be regulars here since it is so close and peaceful.
I hope you enjoyed our little walk.

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val










6 comments:

  1. How nice to have this lovely park so close to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the park look calm, peace and beautiful.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place for a walk. I can imagine you will return often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gibson Park looks a very nice place to walk, I like the concrete walkway …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that it's so close to you. I'm sure y'all are going to enjoy it often. Oh, and those dark pink/purple "flowers" you showed. I think those are actually the remaining stems once the berries have fallen off of Poke Salat. It's a weed whose leaves are apparently edible if you know how to cook them right. If not, they're toxic. Or so I've been told. We have a little of it out around our property.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be walking here all the time! I agree, so peaceful! I love it Val! Hope everything is well! Merry Christmas! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val