Monday, November 4, 2019

Old Mill Brewpub

The Old Mill Brewpub in located in our downtown of Lexington, SC. 
As you may have guessed, it is in an old mill that has been around since the late 1890s as a cotton mill.
With great rustic finishes.
It offers comfortable, casual dining.
Local artwork is on display and available for purchase.
The bar is super charming being a building within a building. A bottle of water is provided when you sit down.
When at pub restaurants, we order a flight of beer so we don't have to decide on one.
We chose the following (the first 2 were brewed on site).

Cookie and Cream Milk Stout
12 Mile Oatmeal Porter
NoDa Gordgeous Pumpkin Spice Ale (Charlotte, NC)
Lone Rider Sweet Josie Brown Ale (Raleigh, NC)
Sycamore Mountain Candy IPA (Charlotte, NC)

The cookies and cream milk stout was my favorite! We both really enjoyed the 12 mile oatmeal porter and the Lone Rider ale as well.

For lunch I always order the Farmer's Daily. A wrap with grilled portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, red pepper hummus, cucumbers and baby spinach tossed in a poppy seed vinaigrette. They have some of the best fries around here, spiced perfectly.
Jim indulged in the Brisket Melt with horseradish chive white cheddar, caramelized onion, hopped mayo on an onion roll. The sweet potato fries are embellished with cinnamon.

I hope you enjoyed this look at the local brewpub. Definitely recommended if coming to town. Prices are very reasonable.

If you go, located at:
711 East Main Street
Lexington, SC

Sunday - Thursday 11am - 10pm
Friday - Saturday 11am - 11pm

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val

26 comments:

  1. Do you know that I've never been inside the old mill? I driven past it many times, but I never stopped by! Next time I'm in the area I would like to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food really looks terrific. I would go there just to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brisket Melt with horseradish and white cheddar looks so good !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Thanks for sharing,
    I'm following you! X.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great place -- lots of character and atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like loads of fun and really delicious! What a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great place and now I am hungry. Your lunch looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh very interesting place darling
    cc

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to go to breweries - this one looks nice yum. I usually always get the "Moose Drool" at our local Taproom. Kind of a middle between light and dark beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't breweries fun? I tend to like light beers in summer, then dark in winter. A good glass is like a comfort food.

      Delete
  10. What a great place, and the food looks very tasty :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val