Since my unisex eyeglass chains do so well I figured I would try this simple black chain in my shop. I love this painted lightweight aluminum chain. It comes in a variety of colors for the ladies. So if the black does well I may try making other colors. This is available in my Etsy shop.
Fake Tuna Sandwich
I'm really excited about this discovery!!!!
I was intrigued watching an episode of Delicious TV which is a vegetarian cooking show that airs on the Create channel. The cook was making what she called a tunno sandwich (get it, no tuna!). Here is the original recipe.
I modified the recipe a little based on what I had in the house and had to leave the onions out due to my finicky stomach.
Now this may not sound possible, but it comes out tasting like tuna! I haven't eaten tuna since my teens but the first comment out of Jim's mouth when he tried it was that it tasted just like tuna! We both loved it!!! Best part, it doesn't stink like tuna.
It is easy to make by simply combining all the ingredients.
- 14 ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed and put through the food processor so that it is a tuna type texture
- 1 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained then also put through the processor until tuna like
- 1 stalk of celery finely chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar (I just used plain white)
- 4 - 5 tablespoons mayonnaise (use vegan for a vegan filling)
- salt and black pepper to taste
Here is the chickpea texture:
Here are all the ingredients mixed together!
I went lighter on the soy sauce, vinegar and mayo to taste it first since those condiments can be overpowering. It stayed perfect in the fridge for the 4 days it lasted in there!
Next time I'm going to try chopped walnuts in place of the celery. With the exception of celery, all the other ingredients are always staples in the house so this can be whipped up at any time!
This is worth a try if you are looking for a healthier alternative. I know tuna is very healthy but there is always that concern of mercury. This is perfect for a pregnant woman too!
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy your week ahead! ~Val