Saturday, April 8, 2017

Kitchen Update

We chose our granite for the counter! 
This piece is called Fantasy Brown Leathered.  The photo does not do it justice. It is full of waves and other gorgeousness. It is on the lighter side which will be a perfect contrast to the dark cabinets.

We got extremely lucky and did not even have to go to the granite warehouse (which I was worried about since the choices are overwhelming and I seem to like everything stone). The fabricators had this slab on site and we immediately fell in love with it!

Leathered is a newer finish on granite that we were unaware of. It has some leather like texture rather than the polished smooth. It is beyond stunning. What I love even more about this finish is that it is matte, not shiny. I always thought granite would be shiny which I am not too keen on. This will be perfect in our 1900 house!

The big day for installation is April 19! The plumbing will be updated too.

Yes the staining is done.
We will put the bottom doors back on after installation. I finished touching up the brick in that back corner too so it looks much better than the photo. 

The sink will be an under mount one that is huge but actually has a smaller footprint than the current one giving us a little more counter space.

The dishwasher will be replaced with a black one.

We may have to remove some of the brick but we will find out Monday when someone comes out to draw up the template. There will be a 4 inch granite back splash.

After this we can start looking at flooring to complement the rest! We decided against a build out at this time. A future owner of the house may prefer to put a large kitchen table in here instead like the prior owner did. An island can be easily added. 

Thank you for stopping by. I hope your spring is starting off beautifully. Our season seems to be right on point with tons of April rain so far. ~Val


10 comments:

  1. Val, your post couldn't have come at a better time. I'm at my mom's looking at her dated cabinets that my dad tried to whitewash. Epic fail. I was telling her about your beautifully done cabinets. I came to your blog to show her and you had a new post about this gorgeous granite! She loves your kitchen as do I. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worktop is so important! I'm glad you found something you both liked. We have Corian, which will last forever and is heat resistant too, but the color wasn't my choice ;-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with this fantasy Brown Leathered granite! Looks like a sedimentary layer! :) It is so perfect and beautiful. Have a fantastic weekend Val!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, I LOVE this.
    We have the shiny granite for our countertops, and as much as I absolutely love the colors and pattern, it shows every little fingerprint, etc., and it is quite difficult to clean without streaking. Just recently (after almost 2 years!), I found something that works really well. Whew!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granite choice looks lovely. I just Googled leathered granite and the texture of it looks really cool.
    Spring has sprung in the UK too - this weekend has been nice and warm in the south east :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to get better every time. Your kitchen will be a gem!
    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val, I think it was an excellent choice and will compliment your kitchen. I can't wait to see it installed :D You guys have done a great job. It looks beautiful.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen will be so chic with the granite counter! A new counter is on my wish list, I would love a granite one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will look exquisite with your cabinets! You know, when your kitchen is done, you won't ever want to leave that room, just stay in it and luxuriate in its gorgeousness forever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you Val!! The granite looks amazing! I have never heard of granite being matte! Happy Dance!! Beautiful! Everything is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val