Saturday, May 13, 2017

Flowers!


I haven't been blogging much lately due to various ongoing house projects consuming me. Hopefully we will have things wrapped up by fall but I do have a long list of tasks to do, mostly involving painting. Very time intensive!

The weather has been cool and wet for the most part. The upside is the plants and flowers are loving it!

Our azaleas which barely had flowers last year are incredibly happy! They are ancient so their shapes are a little funny. I'm afraid trim them too much which could affect their livelihood.
Above is a bit on the red side. The shrub below it hot pink, still waiting for the flowers to fully open!
These purple tulips are experiencing a very long bloom life.
One of them is shy not wanting its picture taken.
We have these stunning red tulips that look fake! It was mentioned to me that these are sometimes referred to as peony tulips which makes complete sense considering how the flower opens and appears when in complete bloom.
The petals are amazing.

Our ancient lilac bush is back like crazy (we considered chopping her down last summer)!
Definitely a keeper now!

I hope you enjoyed some of the color we are seeing around the yard.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful week. ~Val






20 comments:

  1. your yard is like a walk in the park! such beautiful flowers ... and peony tulips? so cool! never heard of that before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many beautiful colors in your garden! I've never seen azaleas that bright red before. Over here they are usually pink / purple. And I have also never seen that type of tulip! Awesome :) Good luck with painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, especially those amazing peony tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your garden is amazing and simply marvelous! Not to mention this bright red azaleas. Bees are going to love it! :)
    Have a grreat Weekend Val!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all the different, bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours Val! Glad you didn't chop down the lilac. You should get lots of butterflies on it when it gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so proud of my tiny azalea bush that I planted a few years back, but having seen your amazing plants I now feel a little disappointed. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blame you! Take advantage of the house projects while you can. They're coming a long great.
    Such lovely bright and colorful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your azalea is amazing and I love your peony tulips so much! Great and beautiful blossoms in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yard looks beautiful, Val.
    Those color of those azaleas is so wonderfully vibrant.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Val!! Truly amazing and breath taking!! WOW!! Isn't it amazing how much a year can change everything in growth?? Our lilac tree is growing crazy too! It just shows you how much "water" the earth needs!! The poor plants and trees! I understand about blogging! I'm going to try to keep up with everyone's blog, but for "blogging", like I said, I will try to post maybe once a week! We are renovating too, but on top of that, it's just normal every day life! LOL! Big Hugs!! I will hopefully be e-mailing you soon! If I don't forget! LOL! I have another project for you! Hoping out dollar goes up a bit! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beauties! Our spring is WAY over (has been almost two months since our azaleas started withering away), but the gardenias are in bloom. Alas, they are just white and not the spectrum of color you've got going on in your yard. Thanks for brightening my feed. Enjoy your blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally understandable Val! Just do a little each day. That's what I do. LOL It's too overwhelming if you think of everything at once or try to do everything. HaHaHa Your garden is glorious and your flowers are loving the rainy weather. I have two azalea bushes, but I'm always cutting them back! LOL They LOVE RAINWATER! They BLOOM! Yours are doing very well. Very pretty.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am loving all the flowers,they are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bright orange of those tulips is my favorite color. All your flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just had to stop by and say ...
    What a lovely selection of flowers, such wonderful colours.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet your yard smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow they're sooo prettyyyy

    www.melinadulce.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. If it's so overwhelming, just take it slow it will be okay. And these photos are so gorgeous, how insane that nature gives us incredible colours and flowers like this? Just so wonderful.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Your garden looks amazing! I'm like you. I don't like to chop things down too much. I fear it will upset the plant and it won't grow back, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val