Saturday, April 22, 2017

Kitchen Update

From drab
To fab!
I am in love with our Fantasy Brown leathered granite. It has a matte finish with texture that is perfect for our 1900 house.
The old sink had 2 small bowls that were extremely difficult to work with!
Now we have 1 huge sink that is amazing!
The faucet is fantastic. I am loving the 1 piece that switches from single to spray stream and has the pull down sprayer.  We have more counter space now too!
The granite back splash was applied right against the brick facade. I was a little concerned with how this may look and 100% satisfied with it!

We still have details to address like the outlet that Jim will change to a GFCI as it should be. We will be buying decorative oil rubbed bronze covers for this and the switch. 

Another detail to address is the space right underneath the granite.
The old counter curled over the cabinets so I was not able to stain all the way to the top. For whatever reason I did not foresee an issue! 

Jim had the brilliant idea of applying a decorative corner molding over that portion. That will make everything even richer.

When we browsed the home improvement store we found many options so now we have to decide. Surprisingly there is even vinyl corner molding that is already the espresso color of the cabinets. No one would know that it is not even wood! 

However I am thinking of a really decorative one that can be spray painted with the same paint used on the hardware. Since it is metallic, there would be a pop of prettiness under the counter. We'll see.

The new dishwasher is not hooked up yet either. We need 1 more tube and a longer electrical cord. 

We also decided to purchase a new ceiling fan instead of upcycling the one we have. Another thing to add to the shopping list.

Time to start shopping for tile too!

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val





20 comments:

  1. Hey Val! Sorry I've been out of the blogosphere for a bit. And while I was out you finished (almost) the kitchen redo! it is gorgeous!!! I love how it has come together, and you guys must be thrilled

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I have a single-stream faucet that also sprays and can be pulled out for easy maneuverability -- and I love it! Sooooo handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! You both did it so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Val, everything looks so lovely. The transformation is amazing. I can't wait to see what you decide for the ceiling fan replacement. heehee I just love your transformed space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val, it's beautiful, now I want mine updated, but I don't have the stamina to do yet another full kitchen remodel. Love, love, love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking really good Val, you must be pleased with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!! I showed my mom too and she said, that's the same kitchen? She was so impressed!! Good going Val! Excellent idea Jim had about the molding!!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen looks amazing, Val! Very chic :) We have a corner sink too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing! I bet you'll be having so much fun using your new kitchen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Val! You guys did a fantastic job. I love it <3
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks fabulous val! I can finally see the computer screen now that my eyes are not watery and as painful as they were. I can see all that you have done to your kitchen and it looks great.
    Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popped over from Debra's blog to check out yours and just wanted to say I love your new kitchen. I really love the white painted brick wall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Val, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    I love everything about it, and indeed the backsplash is perfect against the brick.
    I am sure you are both thrilled with it. It has ben SO much fun watching this.
    Thank you for sharing it here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the hard work paid off! Gorgeous transformation! I love how clean and modern it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! It really is fab. I love the colour scheme and that granite really is amazing. Such a nice transformation :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh very great darling
    I am so happy for you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word! Y'all are moving right along. It looks fabulous. That countertop is totally an improvement. It looks luscious, and I'm not even a big fan of granite! You are totally rocking this kitchen reno!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, it looks incredible! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love the black cabinets! It's such an elegant look. I've often wondered if that Polyshades worked well, and now I know so I won't be afraid of trying it on a project in future! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val