Saturday, July 1, 2017

A Celery, Cheese, Apple Snack

I came across this simple, delicious 4 ingredient snack/appetizer/light lunch idea while watching an episode of Lidia Bastianich's show. Original recipe here.

The recipe calls for gorgonzola cheese but we are not blue cheese fans. So I thought smoked gouda!

Anyway, I think any cheese one loves with fruit can substitute here.

I first cut up celery into snack sizes.

Then diced up half of a granny smith apple and equal parts of the gouda cheese. I simply eyeballed the amount to work with based on the amount of celery chopped up.

The other cheese is mascarpone which helps to hold it together. So this gets all mixed up.
Then put the filling in the celery!
Messy, but total yum! Next time I am going to try cheddar with cream cheese as the binder. I think that will be equally tasty, yet different.

I use organic celery which tends to be really small so it is hard to fill. Regular celery would work better but this is one of those high pesticide veggies in the U.S.! 

I hope you try this snack if you like celery, cheese and apples.  I don't think you will be disappointed. Thank you for stopping by.  ~Val


13 comments:

  1. Cheese and apples are always a perfect pairing! Celery, okay, fine. You need a delivery system for the cheese and apple spread, i understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good! I am always looking for low carb treats. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a delicious and fresh snack!
    I had a very bad allergic reaction in my mouth after I ate gorgonzola with salad, two weeks ago. So I think I prefer your recipe!
    Thank you so much for sharing. :)
    Happy Sunday Val! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, this looks and sounds wonderful. A perfect summertime appetizer.
    I just happen to have everything needed, in my refrigerator, so I am going to try this tonight. :-)
    Thank you so much for sharing here, and have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorites in summer, except I chop the celery as well and fill endive salad leaves with the mixture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val, I'm definitely making these! I have all the ingredients. Looks delicious.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's given me an idea for lunch tomorrow......:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks yummy! I love eating celery filled with cream cheese. This looks a little more exotic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Celery is so good for you, I really should use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am seriously making this tomorrow! I have granny apples in the fridge! Big Hugs! Thanks Val!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just blew my mind. If someone had said before that they're fixing me a snack like this I would have laughed, but this honestly looks so gorgeous. It's like onion chutney, cheese and crackers, it sounds like a pathetic combination, but turns out insanely gorgeous. I need to try this!

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val