Saturday, July 22, 2017

Garden Update

Summer is looking pretty!

We have some lovely echinacea. Something has been nibbling on these petals!
Hydrangea pom poms.
Vibrant butterfly milkweed.
English lavender. These are babies but when they get bigger I would love to dry some of them!
This super sweet oenothera bloomed weeks ago.
Its mid summer leaves have a luscious red so even though the flowers are long gone, the plant left behind is quite pretty!
Irises bloomed back in the spring!
Salvia in its intensity. 
We added rocks that were lying around the property to our hosta garden. So now it looks a little bit (unintentionally) like a pet cemetery with the stones standing up!
We decided to put the hummingbird feeder here too away from the big bird feeders. They do show up but they are so tiny it is difficult to see them from where we sit.  At least we know they are being well fed. 😁

I hope you enjoyed this garden update! Thank you for stopping by. ~Val











16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Had a good laugh at your pet cemetery comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous flowers! I guess I've never seen a pet cemetery .... but it would probably look just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing summer blooms, many thanks for sharing your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous blooms! Most recently I've thought that I'd like to have a hydrangea plant in my yard. I wonder what color my soil would turn it. I have a neighbor who gave a plant to another neighbor, one has a bluish plant and the other has a pinkish one, but they were from the same plant. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous blooms! The hydrangea is amazing! Unfortunately our Lavender didn't survive the winter.
    That's great that you have bird feeders everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pet cemetery comment made me laugh too :D You could always use the stones to creat your own mini version of Stonehenge (a prehistoric stone monument in Wiltshire UK)
    How lovely to have hummingbirds in your garden! It sounds so exotic :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything is beautiful, Val, and it is all so colorful.
    Your comments on the rocks made me smile. I did much the same thing a couple of years ago, and spent days arranging and rearranging to eliminate the cemetery look. I ended up having some standing up, and some flat on the ground. It helped, but not much!! So I gathered them all together, stacked one on top of the other, and that did it!! Looked great!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful flowers, Val. love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much color in your garden! Mine's all green right now. I tried planting some flowers but I think I did it a bit too late. Ah well. I'll try again next year. And, I'll have yours as inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your assortment of flowers are so beautiful Val! I love the variety and colors. I don't know if you mulch your yard. I have 2 azalea bushes and I use Pink Bark NUGGETS! They really help protect them (roots) during the winter. I can only find them a Home Depot.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. The flowers have blossomed so well.They are so beautiful
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is looking beautiful Val!! I had a good laugh about your pet cemetery! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty flowers :) and I bet the Hummingbirds appreciate being well fed by you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, those Hydrangea are a fabulous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky, you have so many beautiful flowers! I would dry up those echinacea flowers and leaves for tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Such amazing flowers. Thanks for sharing all these awesome photos. I loved them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val