Saturday, September 8, 2018

Hummingbird Action

We are still getting settled into our new home. 

The carpeting upstairs was quite yucky (old and wrinkled) when we moved in so we wanted to change out the flooring before getting settled up there. We are in the process, so more on that later!

One of our first unnecessary purchases was a hummingbird feeder. 
We had one at our old house but it was so far in the backyard that I could never see the precious little things.
This one is right outside our kitchen window.
There is some amazing emerald green on its back.
Jim read to buy one with a perch so they can get a cardio break while eating.
So cute!
 Money well spent!
Thank you for stopping by! ~Val

7 comments:

  1. I could watch hummingbirds all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! I've never seen one this close before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are amazing! I miss seeing the hummingbirds! Where we live now, I've only seen them once out of 15 years. Maybe I should get a feeder next year! Thanks for these amazing photos Val! Keep us posted about the house! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great! I have a bird feeder in my yard too and love to watch the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit that a hummingbird feeder is one of the things I haven't bought for our home, but totally want. Alas, I always forget. I'm glad to know the tip about getting one with a perch. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Wishing you all the best as you settle in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I saw a Palestine Sunbird, the only species of hummingbird in Israel, in our garden this morning. They are beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how lovely.
    Good to see your series of pictures here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val