Thursday, August 30, 2018

Business is Back up and Running!

I'm back! It was a long summer starting with selling our house and moving out. Jim and I wanted to head south, away from the cold, before we got too old to really enjoy it.

Then heading on a whim to upstate South Carolina after watching a couple of House Hunters episodes in the area before the morning we left!
We did fall in love with downtown Greenville (pictured above) and house hunted up by the Blue Ridge Mountains near the North Carolina border. 

However we did not have luck when looking at too many houses that needed too much work for the prices being asked! We were enamored by the rural towns but good internet can be an issue which is not compatible with an online business.

After a week upstate, we then we headed to our original destination of the midlands of SC.
After a month of house hunting, we finally found the perfect house in a suburb of the capital. This is the state's capital building shown above with vast, gorgeously landscaped grounds.

So after a month of hotel hopping (I can not tell a lie, that sucked!) we headed back to Massachusetts to say our goodbyes and do our final packing up.

Then we headed back to the palmetto state to get our new keys. Above is a gorgeous metal sculpture of a palmetto that is actually quite lifelike!

It feels good to be getting back into a routine. With my Type A personality, not being able to work for so long was no easy accomplishment. This adventure showed Jim and I that we can get through anything together!


It may take a while to get back into social media since we have little things to do around the house and we are still getting to know the area. Most importantly, we found our new wine store (which is equally great for micro brews)! ~Val



12 comments:

  1. How good to hear from you! I am so happy you have found your perfect home. I hope the move goes as planned. In the meantime, enjoy a glass or two from the new wine store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy summer you've had! Congrats on your new home and I know that in due course, you'll have lots of photos for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a summer! I am happy to hear you guys moved. Enjoy your new state and your new weather :) Hugs Miss Val!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new house, happy to see you found a new home (and a wine store!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Val!! I am so happy for the both of you! I want pictures! LOL! Wine store? You are too cute! Big Hugs! You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finding your new home! And now you're about 2 hours away from me. LOL . I hope you and Jim truly enjoy the Palmetto State.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and Jim! I hope you are happy in SC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s such great news Val!
    Congratulations Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Im looking forward to hear storys about your new life in your new home and town and state.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Living out of a suitcase isn't easy, I know!
    I'm glad you're settling in. Yup, fast internet is especially important
    for online business. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your house move.
    Happy settling in.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val