Saturday, December 29, 2018

2018 Year in Review

2018 was my most life changing, challenging, exciting year yet!

Our Massachusetts house went under agreement right away in May. Jim and I waited it out before house hunting. 

Then we put life on hold, headed south and searched. We found the perfect home in a perfect location.
downtown Lexington, SC
We wanted to head south for the warmer climate more suitable to us. South Carolina was a perfect fit.

We also wanted a better quality of life. Relocating to a more affordable part of the country has given us just that. Our lives have significantly improved in more ways than I ever imagined.


Besides the move, this year was full of first time experiences. Here are a few fun ones.

We did not know female praying mantises do this when they are angry. This little lady was on our front porch and did not want her photo taken even though she looks like she is striking a pose.
Carolina Mantis
A whimsical southern swamp.
Congaree National Park
A tree tunnel.
South Boundary Ave, Aiken, SC
Tons of Spanish moss.
A boiled peanut experience (Jim warned me)! It is probably a taste you have to grow up with.
Lots of flowers blooming in December.
camelia shrub blooming in December
In terms of my business, in the last quarter I spent time improving listings, sourcing and adding new inventory so I am looking forward to moving into a fresh, efficient year! 



Although I love challenging myself, my only goal in the new year is to enjoy the simple pleasures each day has to bring.

I hope you have enjoyed your 2018 too! Wishing you a happy, healthy, successful new year!

Thank you for stopping by. ~Val







12 comments:

  1. Yes, you've had lots of big changes this year -- glad they've all been positive ones for the better. May that continue in 2019! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a change to move south and see such a different lifestyle ... and so much fun to explore! Looks like you guys are really enjoying it ... hope your 2019 is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you've found your happy place and are enjoying the area!! Wishing you all the best for 2019!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I enjoy following your blog. Hope you have a good and creative year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val - thanks for stopping by. I have a friend in South Carolina and she loves living there. Congratulations on finding the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A transformative year indeed! Good on you for moving towards a better quality of life. Enjoy settling into a happier and healthier space. All the best for the year ahead xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy everything has went well this past year. You and your hubby have went through alot of changes! I'm wishing you both the best for 2019!!! Big Hugs! By the way, your praying mantises photo is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and all the best in South Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you certainly have had a lot of big changes this past year.
    I wish you a Happy and Healthy 2019.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val