Saturday, February 2, 2019

Congaree National Park

The Congaree National Park features a 2.4 mile long boardwalk through a swampy southern forest.
Some of it is elevated, some of it is ground level. The area is technically floodplains but many refer to it as a swamp.
It is loaded with cypress knees (those things sticking up out of the water) making it feel like you are in a fairytale.
Some are more whimsical than others. Like little creatures poking their heads up through the swamp.
There are palms.
Brilliant Reflections.
Awesome tree trunks.
Lots of moss.
Magical mushrooms.
Darling shadows on a sunny day.
And so much more! A magnificent nature walk. There are other longer trails to enjoy besides this one in this 26,021 acre forest.

To visit:
Congaree National Park
100 National Park Rd
Sumter, SC

Open daily free of charge!

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val











16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful walk through the Congaree National Park. Thanks for taking me along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're enjoying the lack of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a nice post. Can't wait to read more from you :)


    Saw your blog and thought if you would like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow back asap. Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed that walk with you. I like your descriptions. I would definitely be exploring more of that area for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lot of the nature trails down here! I love seeing the cypress knees sticking up from the murky water. They're so funny-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those giant tree trunks are so beautiful. They must be so old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so gorgeous and magical! I especially loved the photo with the mushrooms growing up the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice to meet you! What an ispiring place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cypress knees are so strange but amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool Val!!!! Amazing! Aren't you missing winter? LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a beautiful place! I'm pretty sure I would enjoy walking here - and take my camera with me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much to see!
    I enjoyed my walk with you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore national parks. Beautiful photography. I just recently read a book on national parks by National Geographic and I'd love to visit more of them in the future. So far I only visited a handful of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val