Saturday, March 30, 2019

Robert Mills House and Gardens

This garden is not full of color in March but is still quite pretty.
This is the Robert Mills Gardens in Columbia, SC which has charming statues.
Waiting for the crepe mrytles to bloom. We have one in our front yard which we are still waiting to bud. Some varieties are already showing leaves so it will be soon.


There are nooks and crannies to sit down and relax.


We will come back in the summer to see more color.
The house is beautiful and is used for weddings.

Here is the back where the gardens are.
Below is the front. 

That funny looking tower in the background? After some research I found it was built by Southern Bell (telephone) decades ago. It is now owned by AT&T and is being used for wireless services. Well that is re-purposing. Initially, being from the north and clueless, I thought this was a tornado siren!


I hope you have enjoyed this charming garden space located at:

1616 Blanding St
Columbia, SC

The grounds are open to the public, free of charge, 7 days a week during gift shop hours.

Thank you for stopping by!  ~Val

20 comments:

  1. It appears to be a very charming spot and I am sure you will return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love places like that house. We have a few around here where I live. Those gardens look so clean and pretty after the winter. Mine is needing some much needed loving care but it always does at this time of yr. Can't wait for things to start coming up and blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite like gardens with sculpted greenery and few flowers. Japanese gardens are like that. I like the final "arty" photo you took!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un lugar precioso!👏👏👏f feliz domingo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olá Miss Val,
    Gostei de conhecer o jardim.
    Mesmo sem flores ele é muito bonito.
    Amo estátuas, mas aqui no Brasil não são fáceis de achar
    e o valor meio alto.
    Boa entrada de mês de abril.
    PAZ E BEM.
    janicce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely! It's so nice seeing things begin to bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great photos - I love them all and I hope you post some crepe myrtle when you get a chance. I would love to have one in my yard. Looks like a great place to walk through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shades of green. Beautiful and calm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place Val! I think you had a good choice in saying it was at tornado siren. I would have never thought it being used for telephone! An excellent repurpose!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Estupenda entrada! Espero verte pronto por mi blog! 🤗🤗🤗

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful house indeed. I love the white columns, they are so elegant. The garden looks lovely as well. I love how green it is! It will be nice to see how it looks later on in the spring, but I think it looks great now that is all green. How interesting that the bell tower was originally made by bell company and that is now reused for wifi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful garden and home, Val. I love the statuary. You have so many lovely places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was such a lovely tour ... and I love waiting to see what pops up in the garden during Spring ...Crepe myrtle is a lovely old plant with alot of history ..I do hope that you post some pictures later on... Thanks for sharing ....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful garden. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful garden, I enjoyed my tour through your photographs.
    Thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful house and some interesting plants too. I would never even have thought about a tornado siren!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val