Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Beautiful, Messy Camelia

Since Jim and I now live in a new climate are constantly seeing plants, flowers and such we would love to have in our yard.
We both really wanted camelias because they bloom in the winter here. Who doesn't want to see flowers in their yard in the dead of winter?
After observing what a mess they make, we decided to simply enjoy them in the area gardens nearby.
My favorites are the rose like ones with tons of petals!
When they first litter the ground, they tend to fall off in their whole form which is so pretty.
I would not want to be the gardener who has to pick the petals out of the lily grass below.
I hope you enjoyed our little camelia observation.

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val








16 comments:

  1. Que bonitos, necesito estás flores en mi jardín! ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful but they produce a flower carpet underneath. I understand that you opted out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would be willing to rake up the petals for the joy of having the plant in my garden. And a little mess even is not so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They DO make a mess but those petals fallen are kind of pretty! I probably would have swept and dried them. I don't seem camelias here much -- I think they're loveyl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One year they planted beautiful roses at my apartment building. But the caretakers complained about the work it took to keep all the petals swept up. So next year we were back to non-shedding, non-flowering greenery. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is beautiful mess. i really love flowers and this Camelia is so pretty.

    JULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
    INSTAGRAM: @julieann_lozada

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are pretty but like you I would not want with the mess they leave behind. Sometimes it is just better to view from a far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful but they do leave a mess. I can understand why you don't want to be the gardener who picks them up. I think I like the pink camelias the best, but the red ones are also very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow bloom in winter that is nice! Oh these photos have my pining for spring! It has not quite arrived here yet

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amo flores.
    Obrigada pela visita no blog.
    bjs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Camelias are indeed lovely. We don't have any, but enjoy them at the gardens...

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, pink and green is a great combo, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it interesting about flowers? This happens with our rose of sharon trees. But, I still love them and keep them small. It's when they get big, you have a very large mess to clean up. I guess it's like anything, right? Always work! LOL! Unless you just pot things outside and change them every year??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Camellia's are a beautiful flower …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val