Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Wildflowers

These days I am taking more time to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak.

We have itty bitty wildflowers in our yard. These first orchid-like ones are my favorites. They are super tiny and difficult to photograph.
Jim does not like to mow the wildflowers since they are important to bees and other critters (as you can see one in the top right flower).
These cute yellow ones are likely in the dandelion family as they later get fuzzy.
These also remind me of orchids.
Our HVAC makes for a perfect little flower backdrop.

Wildflowers on nature walks have also been capturing my attention.
The state flower of South Carolina is the yellow jessamine below. It grows wild and crazy as a vine but it is gorgeous.
Another beauty hiding in the woods.
Another orchid-like bloom.
These last ones were popping out of a tree that was down and looked very dead. They offer an amazing burst of color along the river.

I hope you enjoyed our local wildflowers.

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val


13 comments:

  1. Your wildflowers are so pretty! I love encountering those on a walk. It'll be a little while still. Wish I could walk your path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were so many wildflowers around when I was a kid. Not any more. Now it's a very rare treat indeed to see any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed that tour of wildflowers. Beautiful. Today is the last day of winter and the first day of spring so that was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved all your wildflowers. California is having a Super Bloom because of all our rain - and it's been gorgeous all over the place (except here in the mountains)....We get out a lot and go look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obrigada pelos cumprimentos a minha mãe.
    Dias abençoados. Paz e bem.
    bjs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wild flowers, they are beautiful and unique. The ones you photographed are so lovely. The tiny orchid- like flowers on the first photo are so pretty. I also really like the wild yellow jasmine that is the state flower. How nice that your husband doesn't mow the wild flowers. Yes, they surely are important for bees and other natural life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do love my wildflowers too. In fact I shared a picture yesterday of a blackberry (dew berry) bloom popping up in some moss. That's the white flowers you have above (from your nature walks). We have jasmine here too. It's all over and so very invasive (and hard to get rid of - HA!) Glad you are enjoying spring in the South. I know we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these flowers are beautiful and the whole world should applaud Jim for his commitment to their preservation for pollnators. There is little more important that he could do. Bravo,Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers :)
    I'm your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful wildflowers.
    So nice to see your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning, my friend! My oh my, it's been way too long since I popped in for a visit {forgive me}. I trust you are well, dear Val. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and the wildflowers are simply beautiful.

    Take care and enjoy the remainder of your week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love wildflowers!!! Everyone calls them weeds, I say no! Like I said in my other comment, I let these flowers grow in our backyard and I love it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val