Sunday, March 24, 2019

Peachtree Rock Heritage Preserve

Peachtree Rock Heritage Preserve is a beautiful nature hike in the woods. The star, Peachtree Rock, used to look like this.
source
This site was under the Atlantic Ocean a very long time ago. As the water receded it eroded the bottom layers of the sandstone quicker than the rest, creating an inverted pyramid. 

Its toppling occurred in 2013 and it now looks like this.
Not too fascinating.
Regardless the ocean has left behind many other marvels for the nature lover to enjoy.
We were here on a perfect, super sunny fall day (just getting around to blogging this now).
This park is 460 acres.
A small waterfall is hidden in here giving off glorious audio.
A sweet creek meanders from it.

This bit of water below looks like it is coming out of nowhere!
It was great exercise and relaxing for the brain to spend time here.
Nature has created some amazing formations with gorgeous color tones.

A fascinating site thinking that this was once under the ocean and is now approximately 125 miles inland.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of nature!

Peachtree Rock Heritage Preserve
883 Peach Tree Rock Road
Lexington, South Carolina 
open daily, free of charge.
 

Thank you for stopping by. ~Val




16 comments:

  1. With global warming it may be under water again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that...thank you. I love nature and I love getting out and seeing things like this. Funny that once upon a time it was under water. That is wild. I love going to Look Out Mt. to see Rock City. It has pretty cool formations also. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estupendas imágenes! Feliz semana preciosa! 📸📸📸

    ReplyDelete
  4. Earlier this year I read a NatGeo book about National Parks in USA and I was amazed to see how many of them are there. I knew about the more famous ones, but there are lots of small ones that are just as worthy a visit. If I ever visit USA, I will definitely visit some parks. This Peachtree park looks beautiful. It is a shame that the inverted pyramid rock formation isn't there anymore, but there seems to be a lot to see.

    I totally agree with you about how spending time at a place like this one can help us brain relax and rest. I always say that the nature is best inspiration. It is the perfect place to recharge our batteries. Thank you for sharing these wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks intriguing and peaceful, too. What a lovely spot to visit, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing your photographs, looks a great place to visit.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s so nice to get in touch with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to believe that the huge formation was under the ocean...fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow! How awesome to have that park so close to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would truly LOVE to go here!!! I would be hiking here all the time! Mother nature knows what she is doing! Our backyard, I keep clean, but I let things do what they want too! LOL! Every year, there is something different and I love it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful 460 acre park....
    have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val