Thursday, April 11, 2019

Hampton Preston House and Gardens

The Hampton Preston House and Gardens are in the historic district of Columbia, SC.
We were here early in the season so color was limited, although still quite pretty.
This is a site where couples can marry.
It has darling areas for photo ops.
We were here twice in 2 weeks so this is a combination of photos from both viewings. Things became so much more lush in that short period of time. 
The house is currently under construction so I presume weddings are no happening at the moment.
 
We have 4 babies of this shrub below. I can't wait for them to grow large like this one!
I love these baby Chinese fir trees. Adorable.

I also love that cactus-like one in the middle of the photo below.
I hope you enjoyed this garden stroll. We will come back in the summer to enjoy more flowers and lushness as plants grow in.

The garden is free to stroll daily during gift shop hours at:
1615 Blanding Street
Columbia, SC 29201

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val











24 comments:

  1. Yes, this looks like it would be a beautiful venue for a wedding or at least, for wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place and amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool place. I used to go on tours of lots of places around Nashville but I have not done it in yrs. Maybe I should start that again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyy!! Feels so great to come back and see your amazing posts again! This place looks amazing! And that pink bush is soooo pretty! I see only a few of the old blog friends still blogging, I am so glad that u continued blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful house! I'm sure that when it's open again for the wedding ceremonies, many will choose to get married there, for it is so pretty.
    I like the cactus like pine tree too. I'm not sure what it is called, but I saw the same one outside of the park office in Mostar.
    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for sharing your beautiful series of photos...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Las fotos son geniales! Espero verte pronto por mi blog! Feliz domingo! 🌼🌼🌼

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought you have a new post
    Yes, the flowers, red ones, so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. That place looks lovely. I can imagine the gazebo is popular for weddings! That fuchsia shrub is beautiful - do you know the name? Love that there's a swing hanging from a tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would definitely enjoy that place! I have been wanting to go to a nearby botanical garden to see what's blooming. You got some beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why this would be a popular wedding spot -- it's really lovely and I can only imagine "high season" filled with blooms and brides!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Val ..You are so lucky to live so close to so many historical sites ... I can well imagine that Hampton house and gardens are absolutely stunning with blossoms and greenery in the summer...Perfect for weddings. Thank You for sharing all the lovely pictures and taking us along for the tour...It's such fun ...Happy Easter...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks a lovely place, I enjoyed your photographs and it's easy to see why this would be a popular wedding choice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never been to Charleston, but it seems to me to be a very appealing city where history abounds. One has to be concerned for its future with global warming and rising sea levels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And now that I reread it, it is not Charleston at all, but Columbia. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the buildings and the gardens look great. I can see we'll be getting more photos from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val