Monday, April 8, 2019

Richland Public Library

An unconventional blog post about a library.
This is the Richland Public Library in Columbia, SC.
It wowed me since I am used to old or not well funded libraries up north.
This beauty has actual trees growing inside.
Here is the teen area below. Sadly we did not see any teens here, but what an amazing space for good fun where you actually interact with other humans.
The library was the 2017 recipient of the National Medal by the Institute of Museum and Library Services. 
It has wonderful artwork on display.
Since we are not card holders (we live in a different county), I felt a little strange walking around like a tourist. So we only walked the main floor, looking down and up. 

Located at:
1431 Assembly Street
Columbia, SC 29201

I hope you enjoyed this glimpse of a stunning library. 

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val








19 comments:

  1. Nice place. So clean and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un post estupendo! Gracias por tu visita! 🥀🥀🥀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly stunning Val!! WOW!!!! Love to go here! So much in it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a beautifully modern work of art... We don’t have libraries like that here( Ha Ha)Thanks for sharing...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. That place looks great - I love looking down at the teen area - .. And would love to see all the artwork. That's quite an award - good for them. We have a little libary in our little town but it's so cool. I need to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful library for sure. I love that it has actual trees growing inside. The art displays are so pretty as well. I often stop by in Split's city library to admire the art displays. I would love to visit this one if I could. Libraries are my happy places. As American author Roger Zelanzy said about libraries, I feel safer feeling surrendered by all that knowledge.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful spot! Libraries are coming into the 21st century!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a shame you can't be a member, but I'm sure they don't mind you exploring. It's a public space. Thank you for sharing it with us too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THAT's a library I would go to -- and often! Even if it was just to read my very own book or write in my journal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find that library to be really beautiful. I love libraries, one of my favuorites is in Munich.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Genial tu post, me encanta! Gracias por visitar mi blog, espero verte pronto de nuevo por allí! Feliz día! ♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! I love the fact there is a table tennis table for the teens. I am assuming they don't have to play in silence?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful architecture and the trees inside look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I come to library, I always observe artworks....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing library, thank you for all the photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val