Monday, April 29, 2019

Spingtime at the Seibel House and Gardens

My favorite local garden is not the amazing botanical gardens, but rather the charming gardens at the Seibel House in the Historic District of Columbia, SC.
It is my real life fantasy garden.
 
We were here back in the fall and I blogged about it then. It is completely different in the spring.

It has beautiful nooks and crannies to enjoy.
There are even bananas growing, giving us hope for fruit on our growing banana plants!
There are carnivores pitcher plants in the fountain water.
The agave has southern magnolia pods resting in its massive leaves.
How fun are these bell flowers below? 

This is the Chinese Lantern Flowering Maple. There is another type I am just as enamored with at the botanical gardens that I will have to share in another post.
I love the red drops before the flower opens.

This will not be the last you will hear of this garden.
I hope you enjoyed this stroll through my favorite garden.

For locals, this house is at at 1601 Richland St, Columbia, SC. Open daily, free of charge, during gift shop hours.

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val






46 comments:

  1. yes, like fantasy garden with a tropical banana tree and beautiful flowers.....
    have a wonderful spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does seem like a very appealing place to visit, and perhaps a little less crowded than botanical gardens can sometimes be. I am sure that you have already discovered much of its charm but that secrets still remain to be uncovered. Have a great time on your future walks there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. The funny thing is we have been here 3 times and every time we have had the gardens to ourselves! I am not sure why this is but I can't complain! It makes the visit so peaceful.

      Delete
  3. Stunning and very cool Val! I like that it has a "wild" look to it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow....that is a beautiful place. Nice flowers and great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful garden! Stunning! And no other visitors. So you could enjoy it alone and in peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly envy you ...how wonderful to actually see those fabulous plants... I am familiar with the banana and a few of the others, but the pitcher plant and flowering Chinese Lantern Maple are so awesome. ... Isn't it super that you have the grounds to yourself ... It really gives you a chance to relax and take the time needed to explore the wonder and beauty of the garden... Thanks for sharing the pictures... Fabulous...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zaa. This garden is a real treat. Enjoying the flowers, plants and trees always relaxes me.

      Delete
  7. Certainly a place I'd like to visit.
    Your photographs are lovely and really give a good idea to the beauty of this garden.

    I look forward to seeing more photographs of any future walks you have there.

    Enjoy this last April day and have a wonderful month of May.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Val, I want to come HERE! I love the blooms -- that lantern plant is fascinating and oh, the irises and that one near the beginning, so big and purple and beautiful. It looks like a wonderful visit and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why this is your fantasy garden. It's indeed a beautiful place. The flowers are so diverse and colourful. I like the way they are arranged as well. The agave plant is adorable. The fountain is wonderful. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful garden and beautiful flowers. Have a happy week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. QUE HERMOSURA DE JARDINES!!!Y WQUE FLORES TODO PRECIOSO.
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely garden. Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so lucky to have so much beauty surrounding you, Val. I can understand why that is your real life fantasy garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all these gorgeous flowers - I swear I left a comment yesterday but it must have gotten hung up or something. Anyway,, you have some nice areas to walk around. I would enjoy it there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Todo es estupendo! Te espero por mi blog! Feliz día! 💜💜💜

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful stroll :) there's so much beautiful nature near you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like such a beautiful garden. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val