Saturday, May 18, 2019

Gorillas in the Rain




In honor of our local zoo making the top 10 list of best zoos in North America in 2019, here is a clip from here that recently went viral. 

I know this is just a popularity contest of which zoos get the most votes, but it is great to see it make the list anyway.

How do gorillas act in pouring rain? Well a lot like us humans, not wanting to get wet! This group did not make it into their shelter before a downpour and hung out under the awning of a human viewing spot. 

The rain was not letting up so they each made a run for it. The mommies protect the babies from the rain and daddy stays behind to make sure everyone gets in safely.


I hope this clip from the Riverbanks Zoo made you smile.

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val





31 comments:

  1. yes, they look like human: don't like wet due to rain....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their actions mirror our own so well. It is not hard to see the close genetic connection between us. I don't know what the temperature was that day, but if it was cool they could chill quickly when wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure what the temperature was either. They are lucky to have a caring shelter to go to.

      Delete
  3. I loved this! And no, I'm not fond of getting wet in the rain, either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this yesterday and thought it was great, wow it's from your zoo. Loved the video and I can see why it went viral. The last gorilla walkign through the rain made me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people have seen the clip not realizing it is from SC. It cracks us up since we visit them regularly. The little ones are adorable to watch.

      Delete
  5. That is so cute Val! I would think they would love the rain! I was wrong! LOL!
    (Sorry I am so behind in saying hi in blog land! I'm trying to catch up!)
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! I love it. Thank you for sharing. And congrats to that zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the morning smiles, Val! I guess I now know that gorillas are like us in the rain!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kitty! I had no idea they were that like us in this regard!

      Delete
  8. Just stopping in to see what's new with your posts..... and to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband showed me this clip a few days ago, it was on one of the news portals and we laughed about it. Isn't it interesting how similar we are? Not just in the way we act, but in face expressions as well. I love gorillas, they are such noble creatures. Congrats to your local zoo for making top 10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fascinating. I love watching the little ones play. So sweet and just like human toddlers.

      Delete
    2. yes, they can resemble human toddlers so much.

      Delete
  10. Love it! So cute and so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed watching this, lovely to see :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val