Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A Little Zoo Fun

Here is a special visit to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC.
We witnessed these little ladies hanging out together! 
They just want to touch and taste everything.
Of course one of the moms is nearby to check on their safety.
These are the internet stars in the viral video of gorillas not wanting to get wet in the rain. 

I love the thinker pose in the background below. Dad simply chills out all day in the shade entertaining the humans with his funny poses.
We also witnessed a seal and sea lion feeding for the first time.
This little guy did some tricks.
For some reason onlookers are not standing on this side of the habitat so Jim and I experienced front row viewing.
This zoo has a wonderful aquarium too. Photos come out terrible due to reflections and dim lighting. These eel things poking out of the sand were photogenic though!
My favorite aspect of the aquarium is the living coral. It is stunning with its endless colors and shapes!
We also saw one of the gibbons walking the tight rope with great dexterity.
I hope these photos made you smile today!

On the business front, here is a custom order I just filled for a teacher. She requested 5 ID lanyards in the school colors to surprise her co-workers with.

After viewing the school website the combination of leopardskin jasper, silver leaf jasper, white howlite and black obisidian captures the theme perfectly!
Thank you for stopping by! ~Val








31 comments:

  1. I was also at the zoo and watched animals

    ReplyDelete
  2. do seals and sea lion live in freshwater?
    gorilla look so cute...

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The seals and sea lions are salt water creatures. Enjoy your day too!

      Delete
  3. I haven't been to the zoo in a long while and you remind me how much I enjoy it with that post! The closest I've seen have been the elk in the enclosed deer park and they were pretty far off when I visited -- yay zoom! Looks like a great zoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful there is a deer park near you Jeanie. I always feel for the deer since it has become so difficult for them to live with so much development going on. We seem to see more dead on the road down south than we did up north.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I used to dislike the zoos but have developed an appreciation over the years for the work they do with educating the public and helping to preserve species. It is so important for the kids too since the respect for wildlife can start at such a young age.

      Delete
    2. it sounds clever what you had written:)

      Delete
  5. Val I'm so happy that we came across each other's blogs! Since we live in the same state I know many of the attractions. I used to love going to Riverbanks Zoo when I was a child. I haven't been in a few years, but I plan to go during the Fall or Winter. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should visit the Riverbanks Zoo's The Lights Before Christmas during the holiday season! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the holiday lights this year! We bought a season pass the first time we went back in February since we love gardens and it is constantly changing. Having the zoo to enjoy is such a bonus! We go at least once a month.

      Delete
  6. Lovely place. Greetings. Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely zoo visit, it was good to see all of your photographs.

    Well done on making the lovely lanyard, looks good :)

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Zoos. Well in a way I dislike the critters being pinned up like that and not roaming around in the wild but then again I know without the zoo I would not be able to enjoy seeing them. Last place I went to that I enjoyed critters was Sea World in San Diego a few yrs ago. We have a zoo close but I usually wait till its just to hot for me to enjoy. I need to grab a camera and go once fall gets here. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to go to you local zoo this year Pam. I would love to see pictures!

      Delete
  9. Lol. The little ladies look so busy to learn about the green things and dad looks a boss man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This family is so fun to observe. Incredibly human like!

      Delete
  10. I love the photos taken at the zoo. The apes are so cute. I could watch them for hours. Those eels looks so funny. It must have been so nice to see all the animals.
    The ID lanyards look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The animals are all so fun. The gorilla habitat seems to be the most popular. There are always a bunch of people watching them.

      Delete
  11. Monkeys are so cute and fun, love them!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That necklace is a really nice creation - very nice!! And my faves are the gorillas - and the one lying down relaxing was so fun to see. Such jfun to see the internet sensations that went viral - ...I wonder if the one lying down - is the one who didn't like t get wet ...well none of them did if I remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they got a few drops on them when running in. The one lying down is the silver back. He went in last, making sure everyone else got inside safely since rain is apparently scary to these guys!

      Delete
  13. the costum necklace you made is beautiful...and I really like the zoo photos. The internet gorrila stars are adorable and I love sea lions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the special order Val! Turned out gorgeous!
    Love seeing the animals! What a treat! The coral is so beautiful! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val