Saturday, December 7, 2019

Foliage in The City

Foliage is still lingering about in South Carolina.
These photos were taken on November 30 while strolling around Soda City Market in Columbia.
Foliage season is long lasting here.
The state house grounds were scenic with pops of color.
It does give me a chuckle seeing foliage harmonizing with Christmas decor as they rarely were together up north.



An extraordinary ginkgo tree.

The camera had fun with the sun on its branches. This is the same tree below weeping so gracefully.

There was enchanting color everywhere we gazed.


It seems strange to me seeing palmettos beside autumn foliage, but I am quite fond of this.



I hope you enjoyed this southern style change in the leaves.


Thank you for stopping by! ~Val










26 comments:

  1. Other than for a few leaves on Beech trees our foliage has pretty much gone, Val, and we have snow on the ground. I know that you will be organizing a tour to your area so that we may all enjoy the last vestiges of Fall - dinner at your house. I will look forward to receiving my invitation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not miss snow David! It has snowed quite a bit already where we came from. You are welcome anytime to visit this beautiful state! Jim is an excellent cook.

      Delete
  2. Wow -- that's so beautiful! I have one little patch of about 10 withered gingko leaves on my tree -- even the bushes have lost them and they are last to go. It's stunning, I must say! I do love those golden colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie! The gingko leaves are such beauties!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful shots, especially the brilliant yellows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always admire how beautiful the foliage :)

    Have wonderful Sunday, Ms Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post and wonderful photographs, the colours are amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Wonderful photos. Trees are fantastic in autumn!
    I hope you´ll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val! I've stopped by a few times to your blog, and did not see a way to comment. Looks like I now can. I'm enjoying your posts as you explore your new town, and the fall colors are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia! I was crazy busy for a while so I had comments turned off. I am sort of back to normal. We are loving our new area and will continue to explore!

      Delete
  8. Love those orange, red and yellow leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val