Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Week in Review!

This past week was nothing exciting. I do feel a need to share my fabulous corn salsa recipe though! I made 2 batches for a Cinco de Mayo party over the weekend....one for a side dish and the other for a chip dip!
It is so easy. Start with a can of black beans and a can of corn:

Then add diced tomato and avocado:

Lastly add scallions, cilantro and dressing then mix it up!

So delicious and healthy!!!
Here is the recipe:
3 tomatoes, diced
1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed
1 can corn (11oz, drained)
2 avocados chopped
4-8 scallions sliced (depending on your tastes)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup Italian dressing (I use low calorie)
Great for cookouts!!!

New to my shop are 24kt gold vermeil jewelry findings that were crafted in Bali.

Available at www.missvalscreations.com.
I am quite excited that this tree survived! It is called an Eastern Red Bud. My dad raised this one from an offspring of his 40 year old tree. It was planted last summer and survived the brutal weather!

It has these pretty pink buds all over the branches which will soon turn into leaves.
My little azalea is starting to bud too!

Hopefully by next weekend there will be more of this fuchsia bud popping up!!!
Thank you for reading! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. :)
~Val

12 comments:

  1. That salsa looks yummy! I love red buds and didn't know they would survive in New England. We had a lot of them in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is yummy delicious! Happy Monday Miss Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val, enjoy your beautiful Azalea when it starts to bloom. Mine have buds that are getting ready to open any day now.

    Thanks for this delicious recipe.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, if you put avacados in anything, I am a happy girl! And what a gorgeous little tree. I'm glad the winter didn't hurt it.
    Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that salsa looks so delicious. I love me some good salsa. And yes those jewelry pieces scream "Bali!" They are gorgeous. As for my azaleas, they have bloomed and gone. Now I'm looking at greenery but it was beautiful while it lasted.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely have to try your salsa recipe and so happy to see that you tree survived the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tree! Your salad looks so delicious, it makes me hungry to look at the pictures. I'm definitely going to have to make one of those! Those Bali vermeil findings are beautiful, too. I'd love to get my hands on them. :3 Your azaleas are going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated Mother's day - although I don't know if that wish can ever be belated. Our azalea's have peaked and are now reserving their energy for next years great show. They're so pretty in bloom I wish their season was a little bit longer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Val, thanks for the receipe it looks delicious and very colourful too! It's great when all the flowers start to appear isn't it, that tree is beautiful. Have a lovely weekend! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your lovely comments! :) ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  11. That salad looks fantastic! I'm copying the recipe - thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val