Saturday, April 9, 2016

Downtown Haverhill

While taking a stroll in downtown Haverhill, MA it is a treat to look up at the beautiful buildings.
Potter Block



Whittier Building

Whittier Building
The brick work is wonderful!
Webster Building
Prescott Building
I love seeing old business names still showing on buildings.
As well as building names etched into the facade.
Some have windows boarded up at the top but I have confidence they will all be back to their prior glory someday.
Most of these buildings now house restaurants, pubs and shops.
The old First National Bank above is now an ale house with amazing food and ales! We have only been once but will definitely go back.

I never thought I would be so into this downtown. We were simply looking for a great family home that would be easy to resell if and when the time comes. Two things are for sure, we made the right choice in location and house!


Thank you for stopping by! Wishing you a fabulous week ahead. ~Val







19 comments:

  1. I love it when a city preserves its heritage for today's generation to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some truly beautiful buildings, Val, and it looks like someone is taking very good care of them.
    That is truly so nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fine looking buildings! Very happy for you that you live in a great place now!
    Sadly, many old buildings are simply torn down over here in the big city to make way for
    those nasty glass and metal office blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad you are happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these photos Val! and what a lovely walk through this town with these old buildings - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see old buildings as they give real character to a town. I think you made a good choice to move there :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful building! I like brick construction. I have always found that bricks are warmer than any other materials. Maybe because I used to lived in the North of the country where most houses are made with bricks.
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    Have a wonderful Sunday Val! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous buildings Val! Nice to see some heritage, rather than have everything torn down! Have a great week my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos and post!!!
    Have a good week, Val!!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I enjoyed reading your post dear.


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  11. The masonry work is mastery! Gorgeous! HaHaHa Val! I thought I was the only one that loved seeing names within the architecture of a building :D I love those kind of details.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how old buildings have the names built right into the design. And I love how even though they have been given new life as other businesses, they keep their original look and name :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some beautiful buildings there! I like the Whittier Building. Glad you are happy with your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful city you live in! I am happy you guys made a good choice...it might be hard to move when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love taking pictures of beautiful old buildings too. Gorgeous shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful old buildings, my friend. I love how unique each one is. Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love looking at old beautiful buildings. Such character!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for dropping by my place and leaving such a nice comment. Already followed back on GFC #397 Happy hump day, Val.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val