We haven't done anything major recently to the house. Just little things.
This was our ugly brass front door plate before:
We replaced the old brass lockset with this one.
Here is the plate after painted with Rustoleum Painter's Touch oil rubbed bronze.
As you can see, close up in the light you can tell its painted but the reality is I am probably the only one who would notice! Unfortunately it wasn't something that could be spray painted so it took a bit of tediousness. 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint were used.
Overall it looks great compared to the old beat up brass. Since this is a custom plate on the 116 year old door, painting was the most logical choice. I plan on keeping the door as is where you can see that there was on old decorative plate at one time. It just adds more historical character!
This same paint comes in a spray version so I plan on painting 3 old brass ceiling light fixtures with it for a better flow.
This was a little thing that annoyed me. The old door stoppers in various conditions of yuck! This one didn't even have its stopper anymore.
Now we have new ones for only $2 a piece.
At some point I need to touch up the paint around them.
I painted some of the cool twigs left by the tree service the electric company sent to our property.
I also made over an old lamp that looked like this before:
Now it looks like this:
While I liked the original look of this vintage piece, it never went with anything.
I went a little crazy with the crystals upcycled from our old chandelier. It is a bit tacky so I may remove them or just have less embellishment.
I also made pull chains for our new ceiling fans with some of the large chandelier crystals.
I hope you enjoyed seeing these tweaks! Next will likely be the replacement of our basement windows and 2 of the exterior doors (not the front door of course). We are in the estimating process right now so hopefully soon!
Thank you for stopping by! ~Val