Saturday, July 23, 2016

Crystal Gorge Conservation Area

The Crystal Gorge Conservation Area is in our city bordering New Hampshire. It is perfect living in a place that is as much city as it is country!
Consisting of 65 acres, there are plenty of woodsy trails to enjoy for a peaceful nature walk.
I would not recommend this walk in the summertime like we did due to all the bug action! This is a mistake I seem to make every summer craving a nature walk.
So our walk became partly a jog to keep from the pests.
It is very hilly and rocky making for a great workout!
An uprooted tree. I love how woodsy it is.
Part of these trails are on ledges overlooking the gorge. I attempted to photograph the gorge for effect but the photos just don't do the land formations justice!

I would love to come back in the Fall or explore another area of this conservation land. 
This is part of Crystal Lake where some of the city's drinking water comes from.
The part near us was covered in darling lily pads and water lilies!

 I hope you enjoyed this little bit of New England. Thank you for stopping by! ~Val





18 comments:

  1. Minus the bugs, it looks like a beautiful place to be, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do hope you'll go back in fall, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very peaceful and I love water lilies!
    Too bad about the bugs, though...
    I'm sure in Fall it will be beautiful with the leaves turning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful place to take a walk! too bad it was so buggy... perhaps Fall will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice place to walk, minus the bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lilies are beautiful, this looks like a lovely place to explore! During the fall it would be prettier! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place. I also get eaten up every summer though :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that last picture! never seen that in real life! Hilarious that your walk turn into a jog to keep away from the bugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a beautiful walk except for the bugs, lol, looks very peaceful. Happy start into a new week, Val.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Val, I love the area in which you live! So much nature and beautiful things to see. What a fabulous walking trail! What's up with all the pests nowadays? There seem to be more of them. LOL We have the same problem here. Those lily pads and water lilies are gorgeous! I always think of MONET when I see things like that.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val, what a truly gorgeous area! WOW! Yes, go back in Autumn! Would love to see pictures of it then! Sorry about the bugs!!
    (I can't believe you don't have a/c!! I would have died by now! Or I would have had 100 fans on me! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh very cute place darling
    Cute pics
    Thanks for share with us
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely place!!!!
    Have a good week, dear Val!!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stopping by wishing you a happy hump day, Val.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving the vibes of this place, so dark and edgy.
    New post on my blog . Do drop by soon <3
    ✿thefashionflite

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet it's beautiful in the fall too! Love the cute lily pads and water lilies :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lily pads! Looks like such an amazing walk! Can't wait to stop working and get on a similar hike soon :) Beautiful photos, it looks so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val