Saturday, September 29, 2018

No More Living Out of a Suitcase!

So we lived in our living/dining room for more than a month like this!
So we had the office, then the bed is in the middle off to the right, and the living room yonder!
 
This is why. Old, dark, wrinkled carpet throughout the upstairs. 
We factored solid oak into our asking price.

So here is our FROG now! What is a FROG you may wonder as we did when house hunting? It is the finished room over the garage.
For the first time, I am going to have a very large work space. So excited!

The bedrooms look amazing too!
We went with pre-finished red oak. It is loaded with character and will look great with antiques!
It is funny how the paint colors change the color of the wood's appearance.
We are so pleased with the results. As someone who seriously dislikes vacuuming, this makes me really, really happy. Worth every penny and inconvenience!

Hardwood throughout is uncommon here due to the humidity. However as long as we keep the A/C running during the rough months it will be fine. The floors are 9 years old downstairs and they still look great!

It will be a process now unpacking and looking for furniture. At least we no longer have to live out of suitcases like we had been doing for over 3 months!!!

We also want to paint 2 of the bedrooms that are currently little girl colors. 😀

Thank you for stopping by! ~Val




9 comments:

  1. What GORGEOUS floors! SO much nicer than carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic and like it really belongs there. I can't wait to get rid of more of the carpeting that's in our house too. But, we're tackling one project at a time. Your office looks so spacious, and I cannot wait to see what comes out of it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learned a new term - FROG. Your floors look amazing. I'm dealing with a wrinkled carpet situation in my dining room and hallway and I detest it. I have hardwood samples in my craft room to keep me encouraged until I'm able to change it out. Plus, carpet works against allergies. So glad you all have been moving forward in your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing Val!! So happy for you and your hubby! How exciting! A large work space for you! Happy Dance! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Val - just stopping in to say hi. I've been out of the blogosphere for awhile, but thought I'd take a spin through my favorite blogs. Nice to see you're moving in! and the floors look amazing - have fun setting up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful floors, I grew up with hardwood floors, they are a lot of work, but they look beautiful, no other flooring can beat them. And when mom wasn't watching they were the best sliding surface around in our socks! And somehow she always knew we'd used the floors for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your new floors look great.
    Your large work space sounds good to.

    Enjoy settling into your new home.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love hardwood flooring! Glad you now have a big work space - yay! Happy furniture shopping :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading visitor comments! ~Val